Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Lots of fun, birthday boy, and a little sadness!

OK so it has taken me awhile to update my blog because we have had so much going on. First John's brother came in town from Texas ( but he has actually been in Iraq forever!) We did so many fun things with them. We had a family brunch, went to the Flowrider in Ogden, where Landon got to do the body board, went to the Mayan for dinner, had a tea party with the girls while the boys went to Laser tag, enjoyed pizza, and made fun memories, and really enjoyed getting to know each other better!







Then my beautiful, wonderful, 16 year-old niece came to stay with us. It was SO fun having her here! The boys loved her! ( especially my boys! :) ) She was excited for the snow..us not so much! We are ready for spring!

I got to get away! My friend and I got a girls trip away for a couple of days. Kendra had to work, and I got to be her assistant! It was fabulous! We went to St. George & enjoyed the sun, and the shopping. I of coursed missed my family, but I knew they were in good hands. John stayed home with them. He really enjoyed being with them for the 4 days and they all LOVED having their daddy home. They went shooting, and played lots. They have the best daddy in the whole universe! (as Landon would say!)


HAPPY 7th BIRTHDAY LANDON! You are fabulous in every way! I can't believe how fast time has gone by! I remember the day you were born, like it was yesterday! It was snowing outside, and mom and dad were super excited! Dad started jumping up & down clapping his hands. You had a small heart murmur, which scared us. We couldn't imagine anything hurting our precious baby! You received a blessing and you were just fine when we took you home! Landon you are amazing! You are so friendly, fun, honest, talkative, caring, loving, sweet, helpful, energetic, and all things good. You are loved so much by many many people. I don't know what we would do without you! You brighten our lives everyday!
For his birthday we went to the Treehouse Museum. It wasn't suppose to be for his birthday, but due to other circumstances we counted the day of fun as his birthday outing. We will do more this weekend to celebrate! He took his friend Kaden. Our friends Kendra, Kolby, Kenzie, and Chloe, also came!








Now for the sad news! (& the reason we couldn't celebrate Landon's birthday)
My wonderful Grandpa passed away on April 2, 2010. He lived a GREAT life! He raised a wonderful son, that I get to call DAD! Gramps loved sports and loved to hunt & fish! He had a funny funny, personality. I am so happy he is now healthy and with Grandma! LOVE YA GRAMPS!







Logan, has to have another root canal tomorrow! EEK! Not sure why he has such bad teeth! I feel so awful about it. But with a fabulous dental assistant(pama) he will do just fine! He can now write his name all by himself! He loves to go school, and play play play!
Skylee is growing so fast! She is now officially off her bottle and formula! She is sitting in a big girl seat, and loves facing forward! Her favorite thing to say is "NO NO NO!" or according to JoJo, she says: "JO JO JO!"


John and I are doing GREAT! I got to go off of Plavix, so I am really starting to feel better. A little more energy everyday! John is working hard as always. He is so positive and upbeat. We have been married for 8 years and 7 months now, and we couldn't love each other more! We really have a fun relationship. We love being together and spending time as a family.
We had a great Easter! I will do another post about Easter events as soon as I find my camera!

6 comments:

Lhone said...

love the post. That was a great way to add it all in there. You have been busy. Sorry about your grandpa again.

5-against-1 said...

thanks for the update...i miss not being able to see you guys all the time. I have to rely on these blogs. Looks like you have been busy...you have never been one to stay still for long. Sorry to hear about your grampa.

Amber said...

Don't you just love the St. George weather?! That is so fun to have a girls trip, I think I need one of those get aways. Me and my sisters and you and your sisters should do one. It would be so fun to hang out with you girls somewhere other than a funeral. Gramps funeral was nice, miss him!! Happy Birthday Landon!! Cute kids!

me said...

Im so glad for blogs! I was thinking about you guys last night and wondering how you are. Its so easy to jump on the comp and check it out. Sorry to hear about your Gpa. Im glad everything else is going so well for you. love ya!

Robyn said...

I'm glad you've been having so much fun! Happy b-day Landon!
Sorry again about your Grandpa!

Jill Spencer said...

sorry to hear about your grandpa. sounds like you guys are busy, but a fun busy. you look great.

music